St. Francis Area Schools is looking for people to join our ACT Committee. The ACT Committee does a variety of tasks including:
- Coordinate and disseminate information.
- Provide recommendations to the School Board related to necessary policies and procedures in the areas of curriculum and instruction to be adopted by the School Board.
- Coordinate District-wide planning regarding teaching practices in the District.
- Respond to teachers needs related to curriculum, instruction, and standards.
- Receive recommendations from the Curriculum and Instruction Advisory Committee and other organized groups within the District as part of establishing its recommendations to the Board.
- Establish operating procedures for the committee and subcommittees as deemed necessary.
Here is who we are looking for to join the Committee:
- Parent with a student who is in either our early childhood program or in elementary school
- Parent of a student in grades 6-12
- 2 Residents without school aged children who are not representative of local business or industry.
- 2 Residents who are representative of a local business or industry.
If you are interested in joining the committee please email our Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Stacy Peikert, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting dates will be 10/10, 11/14, 1/9/23, 3/13/23, 4/10/23, and 5/8/23. Meetings will be 5:00- 6:30 p.m. at the St. Francis Learning Center.