Regular School Board meeting dates are the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month (except March, July and December or when a holiday is on a Monday) and are held in the Community Room at the District Office, located at 4115 Ambassador Boulevard NW, St. Francis, MN. Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. CST (unless otherwise posted) and are run using Roberts Rules of professional protocol.
Communicating with the School Board
Community members interested in making comments or inquiries to the School Board may do so during the Consideration of Visitors portion of the regular school board meeting.
Consideration of Visitors
- A person wishing to address the School Board during the formal meeting need to fill out a Consideration of Visitors card.
- Citizens can address topics which are included on the agenda of a meeting of the Board of Education.
- Speakers may offer objective comments of school operations and programs that concern them. The School Board will not permit, in public session, any expression of personal complaints about specific school personnel, nor against any person connected with the school system.
- A person may speak for no more than 5 minutes.
- The School Board will not act upon a speaker's topic at the same meeting the topic is introduced.
- If requests are made by the speaker, they will be referred to the administration for review and appropriate recommendation.
Minutes, Agenda, Packet
At the October 26, 2015 School Board meeting, it was announced that agendas, packets and minutes will be available through BoardBook, an online service that streamlines the board agenda and packet preparation process.
2020 School Board Meeting Dates
- January 13
- January 27
- February 10 work session
- February 24
- March 23 (no visitors/COVID-19)
- April 13 work session
- April 27
- May 11
- May 26 (Tuesday)
- June 8
- June 22
- July 27
- August 10
- August 24
- September 14
- September 28
- October 12
- October 26
- November 9
- November 23
- December 14
- January 11, 2021
Video of School Board Meetings
St. Francis Area Schools, Independent School District 15 School Board meetings are streamed live and archived. School Board meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. CST.
NOTE: Per School Board directive, the audio will be muted during the consideration of visitors portion of the meeting.
School Board meeting videos are archived on YouTube. Click Playlist in YouTube to easily search and view archived videos by year.