Substitutes will no longer receive an annual update form. If a substitute wishes to be removed from the substitute list, it is the responsibility of the substitute to inform St. Francis Area Schools Human Resources. In order to remain on the substitute list, substitutes must complete the annually required online training through the school district’s SafeSchools system. Teacher substitutes must also have a valid Minnesota teaching license or short-call substitute teaching license in order to stay on the list.
Click here to complete the SafeSchools modules for the 2018-19 school year.
Special Note: Please review your personal Information on your Frontline Absence Management (formerly Aesop) website under “Preferences: Personal Info.” Make sure your phone number is accurate and that you have an active email address listed. Email is the communication method used and St. Francis Area Schools wants to ensure that substitutes receive all pertinent information. If you do not have an email account already, there are many free options such as Gmail.
Use of Frontline Absence Management (formerly Aesop): St. Francis Area Schools uses the Frontline Absence Management (formerly Aesop) system to obtain most of our substitutes. Substitutes are called by phone for opportunities in the areas of Custodian, Kids Connection, Early Childhood and some Office Professionals.
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to create “Non-Work Days” on your AESOP website for any days that you are unavailable to substitute. It is imperative that the AESOP system has accurate information regarding your availability so as to fill substitute opportunities as efficiently as possible.
Substitute Rates 2018-19
- Bus Driver, Equivalent to lowest, non-training step of the Bus Driver work agreement. St. Francis Area Schools retired drivers may return at their pre-retirement rate of pay at the discretion of the Transportation Department supervisor.
- Office Professional, $11.25
- Custodian, $11.75
- Maintenance, $11.75
- Nutrition Services, $10.00
- Educational Assistant A12, $10.25
- Educational Assistant, $11.25
- Health Education Assistant, $11.75
- Delivery Specialist, $13.00
- Teacher - Substitute, $135 per day
- Teacher - District Retiree, $145 per day
- Teacher - Long Term Substitute, 30 consecutive days in the same assignment paid per teacher schedule
Miscellaneous Rates 2018-19
- Kids Connection - Special Needs, $11.50-$14.50 per hour, up to $20 per hour on PLC days
- Kids Connection - Instructor Assistant, $10.00 per hour
- Building Monitor, $10.00-$15.00 per hour
- Sound & Lights - Facilities, $25.00 per hour
- Snow Plower, $25.00 per hour
- Summer Grounds, $14.00 per hour
- Registered Nurse - Summer, $38.66 per hour, $10.61 per hour on call
- Summer Technology Helper, $14.00 per hour
- Head Election Judge, $8.85 per hour
- Election Judge, $8.35 per hour