All employees of St. Francis Area Schools, contracted at or above 1020 hours per year, are eligible for optional benefits.
Open enrollment is May 1-15 for the plan year July 1-June 30. Benefit-eligible employees can enroll, cancel or change their optional benefits during open enrollment.
Benefit-eligible employees have the option to enroll in medical, dental, flexible spending accounts and supplemental and/or dependent life at the time of:
- during open enrollment
- within 30 days of a qualifying life event*
A qualifying life event* is defined as:
- marriage, divorce, or legal separation
- birth or adoption of a child
- death of a spouse or child
- change in residence or work location that affects benefits eligibility for the employee or your covered dependent(s)
- your child(ren) meets or fails to meet the plan's eligibility rules (for example student status changes)
- you or one of your covered dependents gain or lose other benefits coverage due to a change in employment status (for example, beginning or ending a job)
What to do when..
Questions? Contact Wendy Carlberg, Benefits, Human Resources, St. Francis Area Schools.
July 1-June 30 Plan Year