The safest option for staff and students is to stay away from others for 14 days.
However, the new guidelines announced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has allowed us to shorten quarantine times under certain conditions.
The following are recommendations by the St. Francis Area Schools COVID-19 Team.
Staff and Students
You should stay away from others for 14 days if:
- Someone in your home has COVID-19.
- You live in a building with other people, where it’s hard to stay away from others and easy to spread the virus to multiple people, like a long-term care facility.
The district may consider you being around others after ten days if:
- You do not have any symptoms.
- You have not had a positive test for COVID-19.
- No one in your home has COVID-19, and you do not live in a building with other people, where it’s hard to stay away from others and easy to spread the virus to multiple people, like a long-term care facility.
Even after ten days, you must still:
- Watch for symptoms through day 14. If you have any symptoms, stay home, separate yourself from others, and get tested right away.
- Continue to wear a mask and stay at least six feet away from other people.