COVID-19 Staff Resources
St. Francis Area Schools is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our students, staff, parents and visitors. The purpose is to provide information to staff regarding the most commonly asked questions regarding employment related to COVID-19. The information posted is provided to be a resource to St. Francis Area Schools staff members and may change at any time without notice.
General Information regarding covid-19
Who do I contact regarding any of the information posted?
Email Janet Anderson, Human Resources, at email@example.com
What is the definition of close contact?
Close contact is when someone is within six feet of the ill person for at least 15 minutes. Refer to this definition for sentences marked with the following punctuation **.
Do I have to return to work?
Yes, all staff report to their assigned building every duty day and hour unless authorized to work remotely (telework). We will be working diligently to make our buildings as safe as possible.
Open each of the panels below for more information.
Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
On March 27, 2020, the President signed into law the largest stimulus bill in history. This $2 trillion bill provides incentives and support to help retain the American workforce, assist workers, families and businesses. The bill includes tax relief, expanded unemployment insurance, support for the health care system to fight the disease, action to promote economic stabilization and appropriation of funds to accomplish these goals.
St. Francis Area Schools employees who are experiencing any of the following due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) are eligible for paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA):
- Subject to Quarantine by Federal/State/Local Quarantine order
- Advised to Self-Quarantine
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 or seeking diagnosis
- Family Medical to care for spouse or dependent who is subject to quarantine, or advised to self-quarantine due to COVID-19
- Experiencing financial consequences (e.g., reduction in work hours, layoff, quarantine, furlough for employee or spouse)
- Employee’s place of child care is closed or child care provider is unavailable due to COVID-19 related reasons
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
Paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- FFCRA information sheet from the federal government
- If your situation falls under any of the guidelines you must alert Human Resources by filling out the St. Francis Area Schools FFCRA form
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources:
These resources are not all-inclusive. If you have any questions, please contact a member of the Human Resources team.
- PEIP Medical Insurance Coverage Changes (Medical)
- Over-the-Counter Medication Reimbursement: The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act allows tax advantaged plans such as Healthcare FSAs and HRAs reimbursing 213(d) expenses to once again pay for or reimburse for over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and medicines. These items no longer require a prescription or physician’s note. In addition, expenses for menstrual care products will be treated as qualified medical expenses. This provision is effective for amounts paid and for reimbursement of expenses incurred after December 31, 2019. Visit TASC Tracker for more information.
- Employee Life Assistance (LAP)
- Empower Retirement 403(b)
- Minnesota Department of Health Resources www.mn.gov/dhs
- Minnesota Unemployment Insurance www.uimn.org