St. Francis Area Schools is committed to timely, ongoing communication regarding decisions that impact school in response to the quickly developing nature of Coronavirus, or COVID-19.
The District is following direction from the Governor’s office and the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and expert guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As of March 18, per the Governor's emergency directive, all Minnesota schools are closed through Friday, March 27. School districts are to use this closure period to prepare for continuity of learning. No instruction is taking place. St. Francis Area Schools Distance Learning plans are to be ready by March 30, if the Governor directs schools to remain closed. Information will be updated as it is announced.
Decisions may be made quickly and St. Francis Area Schools is committed to informing families, staff and the community of the situation.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we pull together during this time of uncertainty.
March 27, 2020 eNews • Update to Grab-and-Go Meal Distribution
March 27, 2020 eNews • SFAS Distance Learning Plan announced
March 25, 2020 eNews • Distance Learning March 30-April 30
March 18, 2020 eNews • Distance Learning, Childcare, Meals . . .
March 16, 2020 eNews • St. Francis Area Schools closed March 16-27
March 14, 2020 eNews • St. Francis Area Schools closed March 16-17
March 13, 2020 eNews
March 11, 2020 eNews
February 27, 2020 eNews
Subscribe to District eNews
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus (Child Mind Institute)
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resourse (NASP)
- Talking With Children About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (CDC)
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus (NPR)
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus (New York Times)
- Help Your Family De-Stress During Coronavirus Uncertainty (Common Sense Media)
- How Working Parents Can Prepare for Coronavirus Closures (Harvard Business Review)
- Are Your Kids Anxious About Coronavirus? Dr. G Is Here to Help (Kidsburgh)