Closings & Delays
If St. Francis Area Schools are to be closed or the start of school is delayed by two hours because of inclement weather or other emergencies, notification will be dispatched.
Communication methods include email, text, eNews, website, social media and phone.
Communication When school is cancelled or delayed…
When a "snow day" or "cold day" is a possibility, the superintendent will make a decision by 5:00 a.m. (sooner if possible).
If school is cancelled or a two-hour late start is called, these methods of communication will go out as soon as possible:
- St. Francis Area Schools Facebook page (@ISD15)
- St. Francis Area Schools webpages: www.isd15.org
- Email and text notifications
(select text option in Campus Messenger Parent Portal)
- TV stations notified:
In Campus Messenger, if parents/guardians have selected to receive emergency messages via phone, that method of communication will occur at 6:00 a.m.
When school is cancelled…
When St. Francis Area Schools are closed, the following are also cancelled:
- Early Childhood Programs
- Kids Connection*
- Community Education Programs
- Athletics, other activities and events will be held at the discretion of the group. For Community Ed athletics, coaches will contact parents directly.
*On "cold days" (sub-zero temperatures, windchills) if families are enrolled in Kids Connection, plans are being made to have childcare options available for those families.
When the start of school is delayed by two hours…
- Morning Early Childhood programs are cancelled
- Morning Kids Connection is delayed by two hours