The mission of St. Francis Area Schools is to equip all students with the knowledge and skills to empower them to achieve their dreams and full potential while becoming responsible citizens in a dynamic world.
Core values of St. Francis Area Schools
- We believe that trust and respect are fundamental for thriving relationships.
- We believe that our community flourishes when individuals, families and organizations collaborate.
- We believe that every person matters and has values.
- We believe that responsibility and accountability are essential for personal growth, organizational improvement and community engagement.
- We believe that commitment to high expectations is essential to help achieve full individual and collective potential.
- We believe that everyone benefits when culture and diversity are understood and respected.
- We believe that lifelong learning enriches individuals and creates opportunities.
- We believe that open exchanges of ideas and communicated planning are integral for continuous improvement.
St. Francis Area Schools is nestled in the woods and fields of northern Anoka County and southern Isanti County. This 165 square mile oasis of fresh air, clean water and livable space focuses on a quality of life that the residents feel is second to none, yet is a convenient drive from downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul.
The school district annually educates 4,800 students and employs more than 800 staff members.
The nine municipalities encompassed within the district include the cities of St. Francis, Bethel, East Bethel, Oak Grove, portions of Andover and Nowthen, as well as portions of Athens, Linwood and Stanford townships.
4115 Ambassador Boulevard NW, St. Francis MN 55070
The St. Francis Area Schools District offices houses the superintendent's office along with the following departments: Human Resources (Payroll, Benefits, Employment), Business Services, Curriculum & Instruction, Student Services, Director of Community Education and Communications. School Board meetings are held at the District Office in the Community Room.
The office is open Monday-Friday (except holidays) 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
District Leadership Team
The superintendent convenes a monthly meeting of the District Leadership Team (DLT) to insure the effective, efficient and cost-effective operations of St. Francis Area Schools. Members of DLT include the members of the superintendent’s cabinet, the school district’s principals, assistant principals, activities director, instructional and classified program supervisors of such critical organizational functions as Communications, Curriculum & Assessment, Early Childhood, Health Services, Human Resources, Maintenance, Nutrition Services, Student Services, Technology and Transportation.