Nutrition Services Department
St. Francis Learning Center
4111 Ambassador Blvd. NW
St. Francis, MN 55070
Office Phone: 763-753-7060
Cedar Creek Elementary School
St. Francis Learning Center
Welcome to the Nutrition Services Department. St. Francis Area Schools provide students with access to a variety of foods that meet the health and nutritional needs of our students. We serve foods that meet state and federal requirements, which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines.
School meals feed the future!
- Students who qualify for reduced-price school meals will receive free lunches and breakfasts
- All kindergarten students qualify for free breakfast
- Smart snacks sold to students regulations
Nutrition Standards for School Meals
Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act meal patterns are followed, featuring complex carbohydrates such as whole grain bread products, fruits & vegetables, lean protein and low fat dairy. Saturated fat content is reduced to less than 10%, no trans fat and lower sodium products are sought out.
Nutrition Services supports the Wellness Committee initiatives by providing healthy school meals and snacks to the students of St. Francis Area Schools.
Educational Benefits (Free/Reduced Price Meals)
- For applications in Spanish, Somali or Hmong click here.
- Students may qualify for free or reduced-price school meals. To apply, click on the button above and complete the Application for Educational Benefits online application. A new application must be submitted each school year. At public schools, the application also helps the school qualify for education funds and discounts.
- To share your eligibility status with other programs fill out the Waiver of Confidentiality Form.
St. Francis Area Schools students to receive free meals
St. Francis Area Schools participates in the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) recently extended COVID-19 meal program, which runs through the end of this school year.
The program will temporarily provide free meals (breakfast and lunch) to all enrolled students on days when school is in session, as well as in distance learning.
When your student is on-site
- School meals are available in the cafeteria.
- All meals will be recorded in students' meal accounts by their PIN.
- Note: Students will be able to purchase a la carte snacks, seconds, and extras with prepaid meal accounts with a positive balance. Please maintain a balance in your child's prepaid meal account.
When your student is off-site
- For distance learning students (your student is off-campus each day), parents/guardians must complete this form. An email confirmation will come from Nutrition Services. K-12 students can receive ready-to-eat bundled breakfast/lunch meals; milk is included. Meal bundles may be picked up at St. Francis High School parking lot, Door 13 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:15-10:30 a.m. Please stay in your vehicle and provide ID when picking up.
All meals will be recorded in students' meal accounts by their PIN.
Even though the meals are free this school year, schools and families benefit from families filling out and qualifying for Educational Benefits. Please don't wait—click this link to apply now for educational benefits.
If you have already applied and qualified, there is no need to reapply.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 763-753-7060.