Click here for a comprehensive list of available American Indian resources (scholarships, fellowships, summer programs, grant opportunities, etc.).
The American Indian Education Foundation (AIEF) is one of the United States' largest grantors of scholarships to Native Americans, nearly $450,000 to about 225 students each year. Of these recipients, nearly half are the first in their family to attend college.
The Undergraduate Scholarship provides $2,000 to students of Native American or Alaska Native descent attending 2 or 4 year college/university or technical/vocational schools. Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student and it is recommended that students hold between a 2.0 and 3.4 GPA.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- American Indian College Fund
- American Indian Education Foundation Scholarship Program
- American Indian Graduate Center/Undergraduate Scholarships
- AISES (American Indian Science and Engineering Society)
- Association of American Indian Affairs
- Catching the Dream
- Center for Online Education
- Daughters of the American Revolution's American Indian Scholarship
- Ethel Curry American Indian Leadership Scholarship
- Financial Aid for Minority Students
- International Order of the King's Daughters and Sons
- Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program
- Native Vision
- Scholarships.com - Minority Scholarships
- Young Native Writers Essay Contest