Mascot Design Contest
Mascot Design Guidelines
St. Francis Area Schools (SFAS) is looking for a new mascot design that will update the current knight mascot designs, to uniformly be used across the district. With school spirit in mind, SFAS announces a competition to design a new mascot design. The new mascot design may be used on the SFAS website, social media sites, posters, apparel, promotional items, or anywhere else SFAS chooses. This document describes the official requirements and rules of the competition.
By entering, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules. Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate participants’ eligibility. SFAS has the right to disqualify any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
- The contest is open to any St. Francis Area Schools student (current or former), staff or community member.
- Contestants are permitted to work in groups.
Submission Guidelines and How to Enter
- The contest is open from April 25, 2021, through May 28, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. Late submissions will not be considered. An internal SFAS committee will select the finalists, and a winner will be notified in mid-June 2021.
- All entries must be submitted electronically to the SFAS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must include the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the mascot design, name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. Logos may also be mailed to or dropped off during business hours at the St. Francis Area Schools District Office, 4115 Ambassador Blvd. NW, St. Francis, MN 55070.
- One submission per person, please.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
Mascot Design Guidelines and Parameters
- The purpose of this contest is to design a mascot to be used by the SFAS.
- The mascot design’s design should reflect the values of SFAS. This includes promoting the general spirit of SFAS, encouraging inclusion and sportsmanship.
- The mascot design may incorporate the SFAS name (abbreviated or spelled out). The mascot design must be appropriate for a school setting. Keeping in mind school board policy, 401 School Weapons Policy.
- Entries must be submitted as JPEG or PDF files. For quality reproduction purposes, the winning entry must later be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (.EPS) or (.AI). If you cannot submit a scalable vector graphic, the SFAS Communications Department will create one based on your design. Color must be CMYK, though the mascot design may also be produced in black and white. Official district colors are Pantone PMS 281 (Navy Blue), White and PMS 425 (Cool Gray). Contestants are advised to avoid gradients and half-tones. The mascot design must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It should be visually appealing on small (as small as ½ inch x ½ inch) and large scales.
- Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- Submissions become the sole property of SFAS and may be used for any SFAS purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials.
- SFAS shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- SFAS reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry described in these contest guidelines.
- SFAS reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional purposes in the future.
- If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, the design will be passed over.
Determination of Winner
- The winning entry will be selected by a panel of an internal SFAS committee. Their decision will be final, and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
- The winner will be notified via email and announced on the SFAS website and Facebook page.
- SFAS is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- SFAS reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if fraud or technical failure is determined at any time by SFAS, including after the submission window has closed.
- SFAS is not liable, for the purpose of winner notification, in the event the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.
Questions? Please send an email to email@example.com or call 763-753-7025.